Doesn’t that look yummy?? If you read Denver Cereal, you know that Chocolate Brownies play a HUGE role. Delphie and Katie have an afternoon together, brownies are always involved. Something horrible happens? Valerie makes brownies. Val’s brownies are well known for healing tears and soothing trauma.
So the question is – what’s Val’s recipe?
I have a brownie recipe. I bet you do too. In celebration of Denver Cereal’s fourth birthday, we’re having a brownie recipe contest.
Now, a few of my advisers encourages me to make it big – get celebrity judges, make sure the businesses in Denver Cereal are involved, and make people pay to enter.
But this is Denver Cereal. It started with a small story about Jill going to her ex-husband’s engagement party. It’s a labor of love for everyone involved.
And seriously, celebrity judges?
Nah, we’re just gonna do it.
I am pleased to announce our first ever Denver Cereal Brownie contest.
Here’s the details:
- No mixes.
- Send your recipe to: BrownieContest2012@DenverCereal.com by June 15, 2012. This is a hard deadline, so don’t be late.
- Make sure to use the subject line: [Brownie Contest 2012] or we’ll miss your entry.
- Everyone who enters will receive a coupon code for a free eBook from the brand new Cook Street Store.
- There will be different categories – gluten free, with chips, with nuts, things like that – depending on what we get.
- We will pick the best recipes and bake them. The last week of the month, I will share a brownie recipe a day at DenverCereal.com, my blog, On a Limb with Claudia, and the Facebook page. The winner of the best brownie will be announced June 30, 2012.
- *Hints* We tend to like real, whole ingredients. (If you’re making gluten free it’s all right to use a gluten free flour such as Pamela’s.)